09 Sep Things to Consider Before Replacing Your Roof: Insights from a Roof Replacement Contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago
Having your roof replaced is a big investment. With that said, as a homeowner, you’ll want to be 100% sure that installing a new roof is the best course of action. That’s where we can help. Below, this roof replacement contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago is going to discuss some of the key factors you should consider before replacing your roof.
Signs You Need a New Roof
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your Wrigleyville home, so it is important to know when it is time for a replacement. The following are some of the things that you need to keep an eye out for:
- Most roofs last between 20 and 25 years, so if your roof is nearing or past that age, it may be time for a replacement.
- It is time for a new roof if you notice any cracked, curled, or missing shingles.
- If your gutters are constantly overflowing or filled with shingle granules, it could be a sign that your roof is in trouble.
- If you notice moss or algae growth on your roof, it is time for a replacement. Not only is this unsightly, but it can also lead to leaks and other damage.
- Another common sign that you need a new roof is if you see any daylight coming through the roof boards. This means there are gaps in your roof that need to be filled.
If you are not sure whether you need a new roof, you can always reach out to your local roof replacement contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Roof
- Your home’s worth and appeal to potential buyers might benefit from having a new roof installed.
- A new roof can also help improve your home’s energy efficiency, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Installation of a new roof is also an excellent opportunity to upgrade your home’s insulation and ventilation, further improving energy efficiency and comfort.
- Replacing an old, damaged, or worn-out roof can also prevent expensive repairs down the road.
- A new roof can protect your home from weather damage, such as high winds and hailstorms.
Cost of a Roof Replacement
One of the most important factors to consider when replacing your roof is the cost. Not only do you need to factor in the cost of materials, but also the cost of labor. If you are doing the work yourself, you will need to factor in the cost of renting or buying the necessary equipment. You also need to factor in the cost of permits and any inspections that may be required. Finally, don’t forget to factor in the cost of cleanup and disposal of old materials.
The most popular roofing type is asphalt shingles, which are made of fiberglass or organic materials. Metal roofs (made of steel, aluminum, or copper) are also popular, as they are durable and long-lasting. Tile roofs are another option and are available in a variety of materials, including clay, concrete, and slate. You can also consider wood shingles and shakes made from cedar, redwood, and other woods.
If you are not sure which type of roof is right for your Wrigleyville home, you can always reach out to your local roof replacement contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago for assistance.
Finding the Right Roofing Contractor
If your roof is damaged or old and needs to be replaced, it is important to choose a good roofing contractor. Here are a few factors to consider when choosing a roof replacement contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago:
- Get multiple estimates from different contractors.
- Make sure the roofer is licensed, insured, and experienced.
- Ask for references, and make sure to read any reviews that you may find online.
- Choose a roofer who offers a warranty on their workmanship.
- Make sure the roofer uses high-quality materials that meet your needs and budget.
- Be sure to communicate your expectations clearly with the roofer before work begins.
- Before agreeing to any work, be sure you get a detailed estimate in writing.
Looking for a Roof Replacement Contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago?
Are you ready to have your roof replaced? If so, and if you’re looking for the best roof replacement contractor in Wrigleyville, Chicago, look no further than the professionals at Midwest Pro Roofing. Contact us today at (773) 528-8000 to get started.